St. Petersburg's Second Saturday ArtWalk presents over 35 galleries and studios in the Waterfront Arts, Central Arts District, The EDGE District of St. Petersburg, Grand Central District Association and the Warehouse Arts District coming together as one arts destination.
Download your map and start planning your evening!
Keep Saint Petersburg Local (KSPL) is partnering with the arts districts for August for the fourth consecutive year. Olga Bof, KSPL’s Founder/Executive Director states, “We’ve supported the monthly ArtWalk since our launch, as our Independent Business Alliance has included artists, art galleries/studios, museums and other cultural institutions among its members from day one. Our mission is to work to build a thriving local economy and a unique community, and the arts are very important to St. Pete. Keep Saint Petersburg Local is happy to return as a sponsor of the “Shop Local” ArtWalk for this fourth year.”
Be the first to see new affordable works of art, as ArtWalk is Opening Night where many galleries and studios premiere new works. Some are only open on ArtWalk, and many offer demonstrations and refreshments. It’s impossible to take in the entire ArtWalk in one night! Plan to drive, walk, or take the trolleys to visit the districts of your choice.
Our free trolley shuttles will have an art guide on board talking about each venue on our one continuous trolley loop that goes from the 3rd Street and Central Avenue to deep in the heart of the Warehouse Arts District. You can park for free on 1st Ave N and 1st Ave S from 15th St to 30th Street. Additional parking will be available for trolley riders in the vacant lot at the Northeast corner of Central Avenue and 29th Street (Please note that this is NOT one of our trolley stops). In addition, venues with large free parking lots are Soft Water Studios, the Morean Center for Clay at the Train Station, the Clay Center of St. Petersburg, the Florida Holocaust Museum and the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum.
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance, the Arts Association St. Petersburg Inc., the EDGE District, the Grand Central District, and the Warehouse Arts District associations coordinate St. Petersburg’s Second Saturday ArtWalk. The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance strives to be the community voice, the umbrella organization for the arts -- facilitating artists, arts organizations and creative businesses to work collaboratively; empowering the growth of the arts community, and driving arts-related economic development.
Browse, watch and purchase “Where Art is Made”!
This month we will two traditional red trolleys for the evening.
Trolley starts here at 5pmCraftsman House Gallery
– 2955 Central Avenue - Last day of the Once-a-Year Studio Sale. Artists of Craftsman House sell their seconds, oddballs, and overstocks at amazing prices. Work is stored in the studio all year in anticipation of this sale. Exiting artist-in-residence Taylor Nyman featured. https://www.facebook.com/craftsman-house-gallery-158706022997/?fref=ts
Charlie Parker Pottery
– 2724 6th Avenue S. – Demos by Charlie Parker through out the evening. https://www.facebook.com/Charlie-Parker-Pottery-143278235683807/timeline
Zen Glass Studio
– 600 27th Street South - Enjoy live glassblowing, auctions, demonstrations and a gallery show of our newest creations. Featuring the works of Zen Glass artists Joshua Poll, Dave Walker, and Christian Zvonik. https://www.facebook.com/ZenGlassStudio/timeline
Funktionhouse Urban Lumber & Furnishings
– 562 25th St. S - Closed August due to the heat. https://www.facebook.com/Funktionhouse
Duncan McClellan Gallery
– 2342 Emerson Avenue South – Benefit for Nokumbaya - a non-profit organization which has run medical missions to some of the most impoverished areas of the world. Unique, beautiful glass art, free glassblowing demonstrations, and live jazz . You’ll have the opportunity to meet & greet the Nokumbaya mission team, find out more about their work with the children of Belize. http://ow.ly/JtsY302AE8C
Dazzio Art Experience Gallery & School of Art
- 515 22nd Street South - All That Glitters Revisited: Featuring the beautiful, creative paintings of artist, Jyotika Shroff. Primarily working with jungle animals, koi, and farm animals; Jyotika uses gold, silver, copper and variegated leaf to bring these unique acrylic paintings to life. Leo Hampton and other artists will also be showing their spectacular gold leaf paintings. https://www.facebook.com/dazzio.art.experience/?fref=ts
Soft Water Studios
- 515 22nd Street South - Featuring the works by resident Soft Water Studio artists - Katee Tully, Carrie Jadus, Mark Aeling, Wendy Durand, Caitlin and Nicko Dahlstorm, Vanessa Seagraves and Bob Ribits. https://www.facebook.com/sws.art.art/
Mga Sculpture Studio
– 515 22nd Street South - A commission driven sculpture facility that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of sculptural objects in a variety of mediums from cartable materials to metal fabrication. Currently working on several large scale commissions for local private entities and across the country. https://www.facebook.com/MgaSculpture
Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum
- 2240 9th Avenue South - Sea of Vision: closing reception. This exhibition features new works by emerging artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities who participate in the inspired artist studios at PARC. https://www.facebook.com/WoodsonMuseum/?fref=ts
Morean Center for Clay
– 420 22nd Street South - TBA https://www.facebook.com/CenterForClay/timeline
Trolley Starts Here at 5pm - Free parking lot for trolley riders
Nancy Smrekar Art Studio - 2135 3rd Avenue South, Unit #5, Five Deuces Galleria Garden Building. Featuring acrylic/oil paintings in impressionism, realism, and abstract styles by emerging artist Nancy Smrekar. https://www.facebook.com/nancysmrekar.artist/?fref=ts
From Mayan Hands - 2006 Second Avenue South - Closed for August ArtWalk. https://www.facebook.com/From-Mayan-Hands-768725999853388/?fref=ts
Clay Center of St. Petersburg - 2010 1st Avenue South – Throwing demonstrations and a display of glazing with bubbles. https://www.facebook.com/ClayCenterofStPetersburg
St. Petersburg Opera Company / Mirella Cimato Art Gallery - 2145 1st Ave South - A Computational Fine Art Show, departure from digital photography by Dr. Eugene Norris: a colorful and surreal exhibit. Free guided tours exploring the St. Petersburg Opera building: you will discover the enormous Costumes’ Room, the Grand Preis Hall, the Work Shop where the stages for the Operas performed at the Palladium are built, and more. https://www.facebook.com/StPeteOpera
Davidson Fine Art - 2036 Central Avenue - TBA
Creative Clay – 1114 Central Avenue - Electric Eclectic: featuring a mix of art from the Creative Clay collection. Live music by Chant the Trees. Summer art sale continues. https://www.facebook.com/creativeclaystpete/
The Studio@620 - 620 First Avenue South - TBA
Michele Tuegel Contemporary – 320 Central Avenue - Summer in the City: highlighting the very best work by gallery artists.
The Gallery - 200 Central Ave. Suite 111 - Featuring several artists including Timothy Raines, Shane Bowden, Chad Mize, Jason Brueck and many more. https://www.facebook.com/thegalleryart/?fref=ts
SHAPIRO'S Gallery – 300 Beach Drive NE. - Showcasing the finest in American made blown glass, jewelry, pottery, wooden boxes and sculpture. https://www.facebook.com/shapirogallery
D-gallerie - 203 1st Street North - Showcasing top quality emerging and mid-career artists from Latin America and Florida. An unusually unpretentious place where art lovers can participate in the appreciation and collection of original art. https://www.facebook.com/dgallerieusa/
Lynn Merhige Gallery - 216 Fourth Street N. - TBA. https://www.facebook.com/Lynn-Merhige-Gallery-146904772019134/?fref=ts
Art on 1st - 550 First Avenue North - Closed for August
Mesu360 Project Gallery 578 First Avenue North - In Celebration of the Arts. Meet the artist and experience the latest art projects, jewelry, music and great entertainment for the family and friends. https://www.facebook.com/Mesu360Llc/?fref=ts
Florida CraftArt– 501 Central Avenue – Catch the last day of A Well-Crafted Tale exhibition with vintage typewriters, poems and stories inspired by the artwork and work of the fine craft artists of Florida. https://www.facebook.com/Florida-CraftArt-352815711033/
The Art Lofts of St. Petersburg, FL - 10 Fifth Street North (upstairs) - Vertivcal Surfaces: Walls, Windows, & Wallpaper. New artwork by Artlofts artists, Jeannine Hascall and Mavis Gibson. This co-exhibit is a reflection of the artist’s personal experience of engagement with the built environment in paintings and fiber work. Then visit and purchase art directly from the Artlofts artists in their working studios. https://www.facebook.com/events/1268593879832360/
Strands of Sunshine – 633 Central Ave – Celebrating shop dog Oscar's 11th birthday with a party & pet art show! A portion of sales from this group show will be donated to a local pet rescue. Toy piano performances throughout the night by musician Elizabeth A. Baker. https://www.facebook.com/events/970551306394783/
St Pete ArtWorks - 635 Central Ave - Featured Exhibition: From The Earth We Create…A New Beginning. Sculpture by Savelli. Live original music by Singer/Songwriter AmandaLynn https://www.facebook.com/StPeteArtworksGallery/?fref=ts
Graphi-ko Gallery/ Jewelry - 669 Central Avenue - Featuring the works of 3 local artists: Robin Dennison, Steven Russell and Pedro Hernandez. Together they represent a diverse spectrum of local talent. https://www.facebook.com/Graphi-ko-Gallery-Jewelry-125300180883521/?fref=ts
Morean Arts Center - 635 Central Ave - TBA. https://www.facebook.com/events/296120330726719/
ARTicles Art Gallery & Custom Framing - 1445 Central Ave and Leslie Curran Gallery - 1431 Central Avenue
GOOD VIBRATIONS: Richard Seidel & Alison Sigethy.
This exhibition pairs Richard Seidel's lively figurative paintings inspired by coastal trips and artist residencies in Venice, Madrid, and the French Riviera with Alison Sigethy's innovative kinetic glass sculptures, Sea Cores, which combine water, light, bubbles and glass to reflect the dazzling visual array of deep sea environments. https://www.facebook.com/lesliecurrangallery/
17 Art House Studio at 17 21st Street North, (727)385-8155. All glassware $10 only during August ArtWalk. Custom adorned clothing and accessories. Commissions welcome.
Woodfield Fine Art Gallery - 2253 Central Avenue #105 - A new exhibit dedicated to the Art of the Portrait. Works from local portrait artists, and sketches from life drawing classes will be exhibited. Expect live music, and maybe even some drawing demonstrations. https://www.facebook.com/woodfieldfineartgallery/
Creative Soul Studio : Coffee, Wine, Art - 2425 Central Avenue - Meet the artist and see the kinetic work of Barrie Freeman, aka B Free. After studying the physics of movement, time and relativity in Budapest, B has brought her unique vision here to St. Pete. Using kinetic art to illustrate the life balance we all experience on both cathartic and external levels, B has taken an old idea and given it a new twist. https://www.facebook.com/CreativeSoulStudio/?fref=ts
Our partner associations also have great listings for art events!!
• Keep Saint Petersburg Local
• Grand Central District Association
• Historic Kenwood Neighborhood Association
Choose 4 or 5 to visit this Saturday then come back the next Second Saturday to visit more!